Firearms Information 30.01.2014 / 20:45


If you are travelling to the Czech Republic and carry a firearm and/or ammunition, you will need to present a Firearms Permit to the immigration officer, you will also need such a permit if you are sending firearms or ammunition to the Czech Republic by mail where to apply for gun permit according to your residence in the USA.

To obtain the Firearms Permit from the Czech Consulate, please follow the instructions below:


A gun permit for transit is a permit to temporarily import, hold or carry in the Czech Republic a firearm of category A, B or C and/or ammunition for such firearm, the firearm specified in a gun permit for transit of firearms or ammunition or in a European Firearms License is not subject to registration with the competent police department,Usually the Firearms Permit will be issued by Consular office within 30 days upon the receipt of your application.


  • 1. Completed and signed application form,
  • 2. Original passport or official travel document,
  • 3. Firearms License,
  • 4. Firearm Registration Certificate for each firearm you entered into the application form,
  • 5. in case of hunting or a sport event - an original invitation from the organizers of the hunt or sporting event with a notarized signature by the Czech Notary Public, 
  • 6. For any other purpose - transit (e.g. refund of a gun purchased in the Czech Republic, etc.), add the pertaining fees:
    Cash or money order to pay the consular fee, personal or business checks and credit cards are NOT accepted.Fee (Gun permit) - there is no fee for foreigners, who visit the Czech Republic under the approval or invitation of the Czech government or Parliament or for foreigners who participate in the International shooting competition and there is also no charge for issuance of a Firearms permit for guns obtained as a prize in competition.
  • 7. Please enclose a pre-paid, self-addressed, over-night envelope If you would like your permit to be returned to you by mail, we only accept mail service USPS EXPRESS MAIL. Please note, the Consulate General is not responsible for lost or damaged documentation.

Send the complete application to: Consulate General of the Czech Republic nearby your residence Consular Section


Travelers from third countries travelling to a Member State of the European Union must present at the external borders of the European Union for control a permit issued by each Member State through the territory of which they wish to travel with their firearms and ammunition.


The gun permit is not required for a hunter, who is a member of one of the states of the European Union for a hunting gun and for ammunition of C category OR a sporting hunter for a sports gun of B and C categories and its ammunition under the condition that he/she is a holder of the European firearms pass, in which the gun is indicated and possesses a letter of invitation (invitation issued by the hunt organizer or the sporting event),The gun permit is not required for other holders of European firearms pass for guns and ammunition of B and C categories in case of transit, IF the gun is indicated in the pass and the according police office has given their approval. The approval may be issued for the maximum length of one year. The approval is issued into the European firearms pass and it is extendable by one year upon every request,A preliminary approval of the according Czech authorities is not requested for a transit to the Czech Republic for firearms of category D and mechanical firearms, provided that their strength is not higher than 150 N.





(c)2015 Seventh Extreme Euro Open , Extreme Squad, Czech Republic, Moravia Land. Code by Jesus.